[haiku] Re: Desktop folder disappears from /boot/home

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:16:53 +0200

Casalinuovo Dario wrote:
IMHO maybe it's the time to upgrade our tracker, we can easy add new
functions to our tracker using the tracker panel but we don't necessarily
change the default configuration, it is more useful to add the most
interesting functions in various trackers available.

I know you are all reasonable people, so this may be totally unnecessary... :)

I'd like to remind everybody, that one essence of Haiku is to find compromises for the default behaviour of the system and discourage optional settings where ever possible. Having relatively few (longtime, hardcore) devs decide what they can't live without is problematic. It may prove sensible to wait until there is a larger userbase that will articulate its needs and decide then what should be improved.

Besides, I'd like to respectfully disagree with Casalinuovo. I don't feel that this is the time to upgrade Tracker. IMO this is the time to get the longed for alpha/R1 out.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de