[openbeos] Re: Desktop background problem

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:02:59 +0200

Axel wrote:
> "Fredrik Ekdahl" <fredrik.ekdahl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As Tracker is now included in Haiku SVN I guess this can be posted
> > here
> > (lots of people 'in the know').
> >
> > When the desktop background image is not on the boot partition, the
> > image
> > doesn't get loaded when booting. The background gets displayed when
> > doing
> > the setting, until next reboot. I guess the background is set before
> > disk
> > mounting. Is this intended behaviour or is it possible to fix?
>
> Right, Tracker mounts volumes pretty late in the game, that's why the
> background image is not available when it's searched for.
> For the same reason, windows will only be reopened, when they were on
> the boot partition.
>
> Zeta fixes this by mounting those volumes before starting Tracker with
> a script.
> Haiku will fix this by mounting volumes sort of automatically.
> You'll have to live with this behaviour under R5, but you could fix it
> by mounting the volume with the image on it in the Bootscript before
> Tracker is loaded.

Desktop (pose?) view, if background image can't be find, could ask to be
notified for volume mount and, at notification, try again to load image?

This would even allow to automagicly display, at user's volume mount time, the
image from non auto-mounted-at-start volume(s).

Dunno, though, how much complex or not it is to add such behavior to current
OT's code...

Anyway, future Haiku's automounting on path access is the way to go...

- Philippe "always a new stupid idea" Houdoin.