[haiku] Re: Deskbar auto-raise

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:16:32 +0100 CET

Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the problem is how the auto-raise
> behavior actually works in Deskbar. There
> should simply be a delay.
> I don't know if that would already fix the
> problem that Jonas is experiencing,

It may lessen it. I´m not totally clear about
exactly how I move the mouse. :]

> but if he just wants to fling his mouse out
> of sight, anywhere, then he may as well get
> use to fling it to a different corner... :-)
> if that's acceptable...

(I find it likely that I will continue using
Deskbar extensively, and so will continue to
move the mouse there unconsciously even while
working with applications.)

> Then after fixing the auto-raise, one could
> additionally experiment with adjusted default-
> zooming. I am not so sure about this. The space
> that windows would stop using is quite big
> actually.

Few BeOS/Haiku applications are fullscreen-
oriented. The apps I´ve been using these last
ten years would continue working well enough
even if they didn´t have that Deskbar-sized
column (or row) available.

(They would still be able to cover Deskbar, and
that´s something I like to be honest. I hate
environments where windows can´t be moved around.)

One could make Deskbar´s top-right contracted mode
be a single row instead of the current two rows,
(a compact version of top edge orientation)
to fit with most windows that don´t have a very
long window title, and thus allow fullscreen Zoom().

That way even Firefox would seldom cover Deskbar,
except for a few pixels vertically.

/Jonas.