[haiku] Re: Customize screen resolution

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 17:27:16

> It takes ages to boot on the CD but all the icons light up (around
> 10min to
> complete though). I've tried to run in Safe mode, disabling DMA and
> other
> various options but without sucess.
>
> It seem like it can't load file_systems 'drivers' as you can see on
> this
> photo
> http://sites.google.com/a/louviaux.be/home/home/haikur1alpha/Photo0024.jpg
> > What may be wrong ?

That's a problem with the new ATA stack. Please create a bugreport at
our bugtracker (http://dev.haiku-os.org/) and attach that picture there.

> Sorry to waste your precious time whereas the alpha 1 is close to be
> relased.

By testing and reporting bugs you certainly aren't wasting time. That's
exactly what those images are built for: testing before the release to
spot issues like that.

About the graphics issue, if you are indeed running VESA there you
can't do much about it. Even if you could hand-edit the the settings
file, the tuned modeline would most probably simply not be used. In
VESA mode you usually really only get the modes that are made available
through the graphic BIOS.

Regards
Michael