[haiku] Re: Curious about the Ohio Linuxfest

  • From: Jon Yoder <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:15:44 -0400

On 07/13/2012 09:38 PM, Scott Kemp wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here has attended this event and what there
experiences were.
Also I notice the "event" page also reports to contact Joe Prostko - but
I didn't see an email address.
Joe Prostko, Mike Summers, and I have attended and run the Haiku table at OLF in the last few years. If you search for "ohio linuxfest" on haiku-os.org, you can find write-ups that have been done about the event. Last year I wasn't able to help run the table, but I was able to attend for a few hours.

I can't compare to other Linux conventions, but while it's probably not anywhere near as big as SCaLE, it's big enough to be fun and the seminars are always interesting. Lots of great and interesting people, too. It's also free for attenders if they just want to go on the second day of the event. I'd highly recommend anyone wanting to attend to do so.

--Jon