[openbeos] Re: Cross Compiling Haiku on Another OS

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:19:57 +0200 CEST

Mathew Schofield <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know about this, of this, or otherwise?
> Is it related to the fact that my cross compiler is probably
> shoty/craptacular?
> Has anyone built a toolchain for Linux (Or anything else for that
> matter)?

Our current build system was not supposed to work on anything else but
BeOS. It is currently being revamped by Ingo Weinhold in a separate
branch - you could either use this version, or wait until Ingo merges
his changes back. Making Haiku mostly independent from the build
platform was the main reason for this work.
AFAICT the new build system is pretty advanced already, and Ingo is
just waiting for me to make his life in merging the changes back a bit
harder (ie. let me commit more changes).

Bye,
   Axel.