[openbeos] Cross Compiling Haiku on Another OS

  • From: Mathew Schofield <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:51:04 +0000

Hi,

Lately i have been trying to cross compile Haiku on something other then
BeOS.

So far i have managed to patch and compile a cross-compiler with BeOS i586
as the target, and FreeBSD i386 as the host.

The compiler *appears* to work, and i have just tested this with a simple
"Hello World" program.

However i cannot compile any Haiku components due to errors in the BeOS
headers. I don't understand why, but i get wierd errors that dont appear
when compiling on BeOS, such as:

"headers/cpp/stl_alloc.h:710: error: expected constructor, destructor, or
type conversion before '*' token"

I think this, and most of my problems, is/are due to this error:

cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for
C/ObjC but not for C++

So,
Does anyone know about this, of this, or otherwise?
Is it related to the fact that my cross compiler is probably
shoty/craptacular?
Has anyone built a toolchain for Linux (Or anything else for that matter)?

--
Thank You
Mathew Schofield