[openbeos] Re: Couple of non-sequiters

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:47:32 -0400 (EDT)

> >  all the ones who benefit the most
> > from this system have not worked a day in their lives.
>
> False. That's my favorite line from anti-capitalists. Actually they work
> more than you'll ever do. The myth about the boss at the top who does

That's personal and very untrue.

> nothing but pile money earned by his slaved workers is just that: a
> myth.  Try work 80 hours a week, 7/7 with maybe 3 or 4 days off a year.
> Almost no time for your child and your wife.  And then when you're in

Who are these people? Doctors work a lot. The idle rich do not. Also,
going to meetings in private jets, I don't call work. Try slaving away at
a sweat shop. The poor work for as long as 12 hours w/ few breaks making
your clothes and picking your food. Who makes the food, rich people? They
don't pick nor prepare food. Before there were rich, people were eating.
In fact the whole idea of property creates a system where one has to work,
but this wasn't always true.

> your Mercedes, there's always a jerk to point at him "look at the
> f---'in rich who exploit his employees and does nothing all day long".
> Yeah right.

I never disrespect people like that. You have the wrong party.

> You don't beleive me ?  Any single studies ever made will show you as a

I just think that we have differing views of what 'work' means. Also, of
what an hour is. The poor work the hardest.

> proof that in general, the richier a person, the bigger his work load.

Who does these studies?

> Can you put more contradiction ???  :-)  By putting money in the market
> you AVOID ruining people lives with mass job cuts !  It's when people

You are not familiar w/ Warren Buffet. He has shown that the market
doesn't create wealth. You don't believe me? How many times have you seen
a stock broker mining ore and crafting a mercedes? He buys and sells
pieces of paper on a secondary market. Real wealth are all the things you
can see and touch such as food and goods. This is wealth. Real estate is
stealing land from people then 'selling' it back to them. Making them work
for things that they had for free at one time.

The free sw people do the opposite. They give us our land back. This is
why capitalists hate it. Ha ha.

> stop putting money in the market that everything goes wrong.  I
> definitely don't understand your logic, as you seem not to understand at
> all capitalism :-)

No, you are comflating a few things. The stock market is not capitalism.
Capitalism is selling things. This is not bad. The stock market is
creating this system where one can get wealth through doing no work at
all. Capitalism is about working hard. The stock market is about living
off other people's work.

If I buy a stock and it doubles, what did I do? If I buy a car, did I
create anything real worthwhile? No. I pushed paper. Again, when we think
of the word 'work' I see someone making something. You see someone
spending hours pushing paper. Let's face it, many of these positions are
not hard. The people in them often make huge mistakes that common people
wouldn't make. How did they get it? Through their parents. In the US, you
must be rich to even get into a good school. Again, look at the studies
and you'll see this.

> Ouf ... I feel better ...  sorry for the rant, nothing personnal, just
> an emotional topic for me :-)

I can't see why you'd care. People are getting screwed by this system all
the time. Not only should they get screwed, but they should be happy about
it. So funny. Bend over and SMILE.

Fred