[openbeos] Re: Couple of non-sequiters

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:56:15 +0200

> > By all means set up a paypal donation box, maybe one per
> > team or developer - this way the donator decides who gets
> >  the money.

> I like this method.  Setup various donation boxes.  Let
> the people decide what the best use of their money is.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO AVOID!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but the idea was for a __central__ trust to be
established that GROWS money rather than ppl paying $5 or
$10 into individual accounts/boxes - that NEVER gain anything
in value.

The TipJar thing is cool, and yes, it  may make the
occasional developer happy, but it doesn't further the cause,
and it doesn't create the value I was talking about.

Let me repeat: if we show the world that we put our money
where our mouth is, chances are that they will also support
us. The many boxes/tip jar thing will NEVER accomplish that,
or even stand a chance to.

That said, there is no reason why the two can't run in
parallel.

Looks as if I'm on a different plane here.

Helmar