[openbeos] Re: Couple of non-sequiters

  • From: "Phillip Craig" <phillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:25:42 +0100

> If I'm not totally wrong you can set PayPal to automatically transfer
money to
> an account which raises interest. (i.e. Any bankaccount)
>
> I think OBOS should have a 'Donate' button on the site for us who cannot
help by
> coding.
> And a PayPal-button would be perfect for that.
>
> Just a thought.

And the money from any merchandise sold could also go towards this account.
I know questions were asked when merchindise came up before what the money
would be spent on. Well at the minute it's nothing but can you imagine how
many people might stay on and help code by having some sort of cash
incentive at the end. You could have competitions of some sort where you get
people to code something for OBEOS and the winner gets cash. All of this not
only encourages people to help the OBEOS project but also brings more people
on board.
Of course there is also the fact that many companies will be more willing to
port there software if they know they will get some money out of it. Many of
these companies ask people to put there name down and then if enough do they
port it but this way we wouldn't need that meaning the software is getting
made which enourages people to actually join OBEOS as well.