[openbeos] Re: Convert BeIDE project to Jam

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenBeOS List <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:29:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Jerome LEVEQUE wrote:

> Can you explain how to do. Because I never use Jam neither MakeFile.
> For compiling a library and an application.

For an example how a library can be built you may want to have a look at
src/kits/translation/Jamfile.
It is basically about listing the source files and used libraries at the
right place.

We discriminate different kinds of applications. Examples are
* simple apps: src/apps/clock/Jamfile
* command line apps: src/apps/clock/Jamfile
* preferences: src/prefs/appearance/Jamfile
* servers: src/servers/registrar/Jamfile
* simple and unit tests: src/tests/servers/registrar/Jamfile

If you have problems/questions feel free to mail me. I'll be glad to help.

CU, Ingo