[openbeos] Re: Contribution to preferences or

  • From: Kevin Czapla <czapla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:48:04 -0700

Everybody, please stay calm. There is no crisis here.  :-)

My understanding is that there is plenty of work to be done still, and
skilled people are warmly invited to contribute with their heads, hearts,
and hands.

But please remember that this is an all-volunteer project. There is at
present no full-time receptionist at the "front desk" waiting to issue an
immediate response to any incoming inquiries. Please be patient. Somebody
will return your emails sooner rather than later. If your patience
absolutely runs out, simply send an email to Michael Phipps and ask for his
assistance in becoming engaged with the project. He is more than willing to
help people find a suitable place for themselves in this effort.

Consider the closing paragraphs of Michael's recent interview with Technix
at The BeOS Journal:

+++

<http://news.beosjournal.org/index.php?id=90&page=1>

Q : In closing, I will ask on behalf of the readers: What advice do you give
to anyone willing to volunteer their time in helping OpenBeOS?

A : We need you. This is an all volunteer project. If you love BeOS and want
to see it succeed in the future, we need you. The sooner everyone bands
together to help out, the sooner we can have a first release. Be resolute.
Don't give up if you don't understand something or someone doesn't answer
your email right away. If you have a problem or an issue and don't get
satisfaction, don't complain on IRC or BeShare, bring it up to me. Everyone
knows how to get a hold of me. I will find some way to make it right. That
is my job.

+++

"Don't give up!"

Sometimes you have to fight (quietly and politely, please :-) ) for your
right to do good in the world!

Cheers,

Czeslaw Czapla