[openbeos] Re: Contribution to preferences or

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:36:45 +0200 CEST

"Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     I was wondering... is there an Scheduler/Reminder app
>     to be included in R1?
>
>     If it isn't, and I say we need one, assign it to a new
> contributor.

First we need to clone the BeOS.  Bundling is a later issue.
(What to include is a difficult decision, not to be taken lightly.)

Nobody's stopping anyone from creating such an application.
Put it on BeBits like any other apps.

In the light of recent posts, it might be good to update the FAQ,
especially the "Who can join?" part, to say that you should not
wait to be assigned a task, and simply go ahead, or something
to that effect.

Could be smart to add these too:
- How do I get CVS commit permission?
- Will you include (existing or proposed) application X?

/Jonas Sundström.                               www.kirilla.com