[openbeos] Re: Congratulations for the Access release of the Be documentation!

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:37:53 +0200 CEST

Miguel Zuniga <mzuniga@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> but this is a great opportunity for both tasks,
> to convert the BeBook propertly for a better and faster use,
> and to adapt the BeBook to the Haiku specific workarounds.
> I am not taking here which format is better (like vi vs. Emacs),
> but for the convenience to get the documentation as fast and
> responsive as Haiku is becoming.

I welcome creation of new documentation that is up to date with Haiku,
but please do also keep the BeBook around in its original form, with
only minor edits to bad links or to add relevant comments on cases
where Haiku deviates. The BeBook is too great to chop into pieces and
remix, I think. [Is that too conservative? :]

What's so cumbersome and slow about the BeBook?

I admitt NetPositive has problems displaying it a lot of the time.

/Jonas Sundström.