[openbeos] Re: "Commercial negotiations"

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:56:57 +0100

>Mornin',
>
>now that PlumSauce has said "No", I'd like to move ahead
>with whatever needs to be done to ensure the R1 release
>becomes as successful as possible.

I would be more impressed by your professionality if you would stop
talking about sauces, we're no kitchen here....

>Is there anything where OBOS needs help regarding the
>obtaining of specs or code or is that exclusively part of R2
>aka Glass Elevator? Or should that not become part of OBOS
>but part of BeUnited's own intellectual property?

specs should be open, so anyone who wants to write / improve a driver
can do so without having to bother with other outside parties, so I
guess, unless NDAs are involved, the specs should be part of OBOS. I
don't think we'll _buy_ code as that is often a problem in combination
with an Open Source project :)

Maybe it is an idea to take this first offlist with MP, as he (should)
know the status of most things and give an idea of what areas you could
be contributing to OBOS......

>Please let me know in as much detail as possible.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ithamar.