[openbeos] Re: Coding guidelines

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 07:50:09 -0800

I haven't used doxygen, but I was under the impression that more recent
versions allow the documentation to be in the source files.  If I'm
mistaken, I vote we find something else, as I agree with these gentlemen
-- docs in the headers bites. ;)

>>The problem with doxygen, as I see it, is that using
>>doxygen one have to comment the declaration
>>of the functions in the class declaration. That makes
>>it hard to get an overview of a class, just by looking
>>in the header. :(
>
>Agreed. Having the full BeBook distributed over the header
>files wouldn't be that good. Perhaps we put very simple
>descriptions in the headers, eg 1 or 2 lines per function,
>and combine this with a more friendly documentation
>text file that can get merged by a tool into the BeBook?
>I don't know. Comments please :)
>
>Marcus

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams