[openbeos] Re: Christianing party

  • From: Brian Matzon <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:39:11 +0200

Michael Phipps wrote:

Apache - an American Indian tribe
Yes, but it comes from:
a patchy server, Apache was made of several patches- or from the readme:
"A cute name which stuck. Apache is "A PAtCHy server". It was based on some existing code and a series of "patch files"."

Anyhow, I completely agree - choosing a name is more important than the actual name.
I remember when Be changed the BeOS <-- ascii colored blue and red :) to the eye/ear logo - people bitched, whined and moaned for months - and now, everybody likes it... - well most do (I do!)...

/matzon