[haiku] Re: Check-back on FOX-Toolkit

  • From: Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 19:05:42 +0200

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:35 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx
>     <mailto:roland@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>         I would like to check-back if somebody is already working on
>         porting the
>         FOX-Toolkit over to BeOS. There's after all no sense in
>         duplicate work
>         if somebody is already into it.
>
>         --
>         Yours sincerely
>         Plüss Roland
>
>         Leader and Head Programmer
>         - Game: Epsylon ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/ ,
>         http://www.moddb.com/games/4057/epsylon )
>         - Game Engine: Drag(en)gine ( http://dragengine.rptd.ch ,
>         http://www.moddb.com/engines/9/dragengine )
>         - Normal Map Generator: DENormGen (
>         http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )
>

> Perhaps you haven't already heard of HaikuPorts, it's a site that was
> set up to help aid in organizing porting effort, and to reduce the
> duplication of work:
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/
>
> We've go both users and developer's mailing lists there along with our
> own trac with the port-log plug which makes it easy to keep track of a
> ports progress.  If you (or anyone else reading this) would like to
> help out, head on over and sign up.
I didn't know if this is the only place such projects can be hence a
global call in the mailing list which might yield more representative
results.
> Taking a quick look on gentoo portage, I see that fox toolkit may or
> may not have dependencies on X11 libs, so that may be a roadblock, but
> that's been worked around in other ports.  Most of the other listed
> dependencies don't look too bad though.
> http://gentoo-portage.com/x11-libs/fox
>
> -scottmc
It does depend on X11 but that's not a major problem. The X11 stuff is
under the hood so with some recoding of the appropriate part it should
be doable. The rest is kept rather posix so it should be doable.