[haiku] Re: Check-back on FOX-Toolkit

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:42:10 -0700

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:35 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I would like to check-back if somebody is already working on porting the
>> FOX-Toolkit over to BeOS. There's after all no sense in duplicate work
>> if somebody is already into it.
>>
>> --
>> Yours sincerely
>> Plüss Roland
>>
>> Leader and Head Programmer
>> - Game: Epsylon ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/ ,
>> http://www.moddb.com/games/4057/epsylon )
>> - Game Engine: Drag(en)gine ( http://dragengine.rptd.ch ,
>> http://www.moddb.com/engines/9/dragengine )
>> - Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php)

Perhaps you haven't already heard of HaikuPorts, it's a site that was set up
to help aid in organizing porting effort, and to reduce the duplication of
work:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/

We've go both users and developer's mailing lists there along with our own
trac with the port-log plug which makes it easy to keep track of a ports
progress.  If you (or anyone else reading this) would like to help out, head
on over and sign up.

Taking a quick look on gentoo portage, I see that fox toolkit may or may not
have dependencies on X11 libs, so that may be a roadblock, but that's been
worked around in other ports.  Most of the other listed dependencies don't
look too bad though.
http://gentoo-portage.com/x11-libs/fox

-scottmc