[haiku] Re: Cheap Haiku Computer

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 16:11:17 -0400

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Jeff KP3FT <kp3ft@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> which Haiku release are you using, and if there are any quirks or issues with
> sound, USB, etc?

At the moment the machine is quite behind, not even running Alpha 4.1.
I intend to update it soon, at least to Alpha 4.1 but more likely to a
recent nightly (I usually ask around to see what other Haiku
developers think is stable.)

I really have not used the sound, but a USB mouse and keyboard have worked fine.

I will test sound on it with whatever current revision of Haiku it is
running, then test again after updating.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I'm of the opinion
we should do our best to make sure people running TuneTracker have a
good experience, as that is the closest thing Haiku has to a killer
application at the moment. I also think low-latency, reliable audio
should be a Haiku priority in general, but I know that can be
difficult. Haiku's scheduler may need some improvement to make that a
reality. Plus work in the audio drivers.

--
Regards,
Ryan