[haiku] Re: Capitalisation of Haiku? [was Re: GSOC-2014: "IPv6 Polish"]

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HAIKU <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 05:52:19 -0400

On Mar 18, 2014 4:47 AM, "Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2014, at 00:15, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Sriharsha Karamchati
> > <leo.harsha93@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello there!  Thanks for your interest in HAIKU for Google Summer of
Code!

> Sorry to be pedantic and off-topic, but I think that’s the first time
I’ve seen any of the really core people use all-caps for Haiku. I know the
logo is in all caps, but don’t we just use “Haiku” in normal text?

I guess. A while back (probably started when I was registering the
trademarks) I started using uppercase as the first mention (and the rest as
Title-cased) in my blog posts, articles and similar stuff.

> Looks so much better to my eyes. My other personal bug-bear is those who
call it haiku-os, but then we have the domain to blame for that
misunderstanding :)

Ditto. Every now and then I'll go through forum posts and even tickets to
edit the "-OS" part out. One of these days, it'll stick .

--mmadia