[haiku] Re: Can't install GoBe

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:45:52 -0500

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM, <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> You may try looking inside the cd for a zip file, i'll see if I can find
> >> my
> >> old beta stuff for the file structure for gobe
> >

> > I think I remember checking for that and not finding anything. I'll check
> > again just to be safe. I think it was a big .pkg file, which I was not
> > successful in extracting anything from.
>
> One reason I linked to that article was that a few other people noted the
> same issue in the comments section.  As Brian said, your best luck would
> be to extract the files manually somehow to get things going.
>
> You may want to open within the bug tracker.  I see a another (closed) bug
> noting this issue: http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1947.
>
> and less relevant:
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2101
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5231
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3297
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2101
>
> Good luck!
>  -- Alexander von Gluck

I thought it would be inappropriate to use the bug tracker for this question
since it is 3rd party software. I see in the comments of that article that
someone linked to this page :
http://haikuware.com/wikis/doku.php?id=tips:installing-package-files-under-haiku
Which seems like it could be useful, I will try it in a little while, I have
to go home to get the GoBe CD. I am going to update and rebuild my Haiku
installation in the meantime.