[haiku] Re: Can't install GoBe

  • From: kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:35:22 -0600

> Hi
> I purchased a copy of GoBe Productive, and I can't seem to install it. I
> insert the CD, I get the installation dialogue box, click install, it
> tells
> me the installation was successful, but the only thing that it actually
> does
> is create a totally empty folder in /boot/apps/.
> Am I doing something wrong?

http://haikuware.com/20071025128/gobe-productive-running-in-haiku might be
some interest to you.  Keep in mind that running Be applications under
Haiku works *most* of the time. An application which is as large as Gobe
is more likely to use something in an undocumented way that may of
unexpectedly worked in BeOS but gets smacked down in Haiku.

 Good luck!
   -- Alexander von Gluck IV