[haiku] Can anyone explain this one?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 23:14:25 -0700

Hi,

I wanted -- for my own convenience to get a complete listing of some
system directories, so I used this command line (in a convenient
Terminal/folder):

> ls -R  /boot/system/add-ons >addons.list

and this is what's reported!:

ls: cannot compare file names `Mark as\342\200\246' and `Open Target Folder-O':
Invalid Argument

If I leave off the redirection, I get a perfectly good listing in the
Terminal, but any redirection to a file fails!  (I tried/boot/system/data
too, with the same sort of oddity, but non-system directories I've tried
seem to be fine.  The same happens when I try to list a system folder
on a USB-stick.)  What's going on?

        --Pete --