[haiku] Re: Call from Ohio LinuxFest

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:20:23 -0400

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM, scott mc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> This morning I had a voicemail from Robert Paul of the Ohio LinuxFest asking
>> whether Haiku had plans to participate in the event. I don't personally have
>> any plans to attend or otherwise participate, but I thought I would mention
>> this on the list in case there is anyone out there who would like to put
>> together a Haiku presence at this event. If anyone would like to take this
>> initiative, please email me privately, and I will pass on Robert's contact
>> so that you can contact him.

> So far we've gotten 1 maybe.  Is there anyone in the midwest who who
> be willing to also man a Haiku booth in Columbus?  It's a much easier
> job if there's 2 or 3 to man the both so that you each get a break
> from time to time.  The expo part of the show is just on Saturday so
> you'd only need to be there for the one day.

I've meant to reply to this thread, but I had to see how some things
played out over the past week with regards to other real-life issues.
I didn't want to just say, "I don't know if I can go due to blah or
blah happening right now," so I felt it best to refrain from replying.
 Now that things seem clear on that side of things, I will say this
much...

I will full-on commit to going if somebody else does the same.  If
not, I will make plans for a completely unrelated trip that I could
also make that weekend.  I never did anything like this before (at
least with respect to computer conferences), and don't have any
interest doing it all by myself.  I don't have any issues with
figuring out things as I go, but like Scott said, things are made much
easier if you can have breaks to get recollected and the like.

So yeah, that's where things stand on my point.  If we get one or more
others to definitely go, I will definitely be there.  If not, I'll go
forward with my other possible plans for that weekend.

- joe