[openbeos] Re: Calculator still needed?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:51:16 +0200 CEST

j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> It may be great for you coders, but for the ordinary desktop user
> it's not a
> good choice for the bundled calculator IMO. The interface is non-
> standard
> (meaning it has blue atypical buttons instead of the typical gray
> BeOS-like
> buttons). It doesn't support converting to & from different bases
> (hex, oct,
> dec, etc.). Yes, it is very powerful--I'll give it that. But it seems
> to be a
> black sheep when compared to the rest of the included apps.

I don't like it that much either, if that helps you :-)
The look really doesn't fit to our usual style, and even if you take
its target (the desktop/replicant) into account, it shouldn't look like
this in its typical non-replicant look.
With this being fixed/changed, and some other extensions like the
function popup, and base conversion, this could really become a nice
little app, though.

Bye,
   Axel.