[openbeos] Re: CVS-Import of binutils and gcc

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:30:16 +0200 CEST

Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since I think binutils and gcc are more or less ready for primetime
> now,
> I'd like to import them into the haiku-tree (into a separate
> 'buildtools'-module).

Great work! Does that mean that you have finally gathered enough
motivation to work on libstdc++ again? ;-))

> However, I am not that familiar with CVS, so I thought I'd better ask
> if it
> is wiser to import the packages into a vendor branch and put just the
> changes in the trunk, or if I should import the whole lot directly
> into the
> trunk?
>
> I suppose I personally prefer the vendor branch style, without
> actually
> knowing much about it, so please do enlighten me...

As long as you use the "import" command, I think no one will try to
kill you 8-)
So you will put a "buildtools" alongside the misnamed "current", right?
At least that's how I understood you, and I am very fine with that.

Bye,
   Axel.