[haiku] Re: CDDB Lookups

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:25:23 -0700

>> Has anyone had success with any of the cddb lookup programs under Haiku,
>> such as CDDBLINKD or CDDB Lookup?  What worked for you?
>
> You shouldn't need either one, there's a cddb_daemon that comes with
> Haiku (though I'm uncertain offhand if it gets started at boot by
> default).

On "some" hardware you might have this issue:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4103
But in general it "should" just work, that is you put in a CD and it
should automatically look it up and create the pseudo wav files to
display in tracker.  The cddb daemon is started by default and seems
to work for most users.  For me it works about half the time, thus
ticket 4103.
-scottmc