[openbeos] Busticated posix/string.h?

  • From: Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:02:10 -0800

As I put the finishing touches on the BNetEndpoint class I noticed that in our version of posix/string.h the strerror() function returns a const char*, as opposed to the POSIX return type of char*.

While I think returning a const pointer in this case is a good thing (can't tell you how many times I've crashed a system freeing memory I don't own ... muahahahahahahaha) this just doesn't seem right.

So is this truly busticated; or were my Cheerios spiked with illicit mind-altering substances?

Cheers,
Scott Mansfield