[openbeos] Re: Building on Linux

  • From: simon.rutishauser@xxxxxx (Simon Rutishauser)
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:42:00 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 11:31:45AM -0400, Michael Thomsen wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I recall seeing some
> scripts for Linux users in the SVN archive, and was wondering if it is
> possible to build HaikuOS under a modern distribution like Ubuntu.

Yes, this is possible - there are actually even docs on the website
about how to proceed:

For getting the necessary developer tools set up - haiku-jam (you *need*
the modified version, not the official ubuntu package one), cross
compiler:
http://haiku-os.org/documents/dev/getting_linux_developer_tools

And then for fetching and building the haiku source code:
http://haiku-os.org/documents/dev/getting_the_source_code

best regards

Simon Rutishauser