[openbeos] Re: Building Haiku under Zeta

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:57:36 +0200 CEST

"David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       I just got a copy of Zeta R1 and was thinking of moving everything
> over to use it.
>
>       Are there any issues I should be aware of for building haiku under
> Zeta?

Yes, Haiku currently won't work correctly if it is build under Dano or
Zeta. The reason for this is that we still have a lot of dependencies
to the host that is building Haiku - at several places, flattened
messages are stored, and those aren't compatible.
While I started a Dano message reader, it doesn't work properly yet
(for example, the Deskbar will crash on startup).
Many things will work fine, though (I even hadn't noticed any problems
before the Deskbar).

Bye,
   Axel.