[openbeos] Re: Building Haiku on linux

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:52:25 +0100 (MET)

Gary Shears <garys@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I reinstalled everything from source and it still won't build. At
> least
> now I'm getting a "don't know how to build storage_kit.so" message.
> I've
> never worked with jam before, and I really don't know how to start on
> this. Any clues?

The best chance would still be that you're somehow using the wrong jam,
I can't see how else it could be possible that it "don't know how to
build" anything. Unless you're using BeOS and the StatCacheServer which
sometimes misses updates :-)

> (Disclaimer: I'm only a hobby programmer, and if I get in the way on
> the
> list just let me know. The last thing I want to do is steal time from
> people who actually know what they're doing. I'll probably only
> lurking
> from now, and spending the rest of time in the forum.)

Don't worry, even though you're the first one to experience this
problem, you might not be the last one, so we better solve this now ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.