[openbeos] Re: Building Haiku on Solaris...

  • From: "Andrew McCall" <andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:34:03 +0000

On 02/12/06, Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try building flex and bison and make sure that they are being used instead
of the lex and yacc that come with Solaris. Some of that stuff is close to
original AT&T code in age.

After a quick pkg-get -i flex and pkg-get -i bison, the build started
again.  It complained later on about missing headers.  When I got back
to the terminal that I started the svn checkout, I found the following
message:

svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

I would have checked this before I started it all, but I did this at a
terminal about 40 miles away originally :)

I was going to start the checkout again, but unfortunately I forgot to
gracefully shut down my server when I was fitting a light switch and
had turned off the power to my house, and its booting up to fsck (well
I am guessing it is...).  The server is headless and I don't have a
serial cable to fix it at the moment.

I will start again when I manage to boot the server and report my
findings, but with those minimal changes and with the correct packages
I am guessing most things will build OK

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall