[haiku] Re: Building Haiku fails with "nothing provides" errors

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 08:37:12 +0100

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 02:17:14PM -0800, Luposian wrote:

Sent from my iPhone 5c.

On Dec 11, 2015, at 1:38 PM, waddlesplash <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dec 11, 2015 1:17 PM, "Simon South" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've tried running "jam -q clean" and "git pull --tags" and removing
the contents of "build_packages" before rebuilding, but none of it has
helped.

Just to make sure, only the main repository has the tags. So if you are
pulling from github or some other mirror, you won't get them. Make sure
to pull the tags from the main repo.

"jam clean" isn't a full clean - try rm -rf'ing the 'generated' folder and
doing a full build from there.

-waddlesplash

I just delete the whole Haiku folder and start over. Can't get any cleaner
than that. :-D. The download time and rebuild time is worth the fact knowing
that there is no possibility anything I did could have not "been enough".