[openbeos] Re: Bugzill (part II)

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:44:32 +0000

>We are looking into other web hosting solutions. Nothing is definite or
>even probable, at the moment. But Bugzilla was something that we
>were seriously thinking about...

Check Complexero, they are pretty decent, and would likely give you a
pretty good deal.  beunited.org, while not a free account because we use
a lot of resources, gets a pretty sizable discount, and Michael Weck is
always willing to help out with anything we have asked for (multihoming,
extra dns entries, etc).

Other than that, Site5 is really good, but I know they don't allow CVS
on their servers, which I don't know if you want or not.

On another sort of related note - beunited.org, as a non-profit
organization could acquire Perforce for free (well, anyone that has an
open source project could).  Have any of you used Perforce?  I know Be,
Inc. did back in the day.  What are the pro's and con's of Perforce over
CVS?  Would you all think that this is a valuable resource for open
source projects for the OSBOS platforms, or maybe even some of the
platforms themselves?  Is this something beunited.org should host on our
code.beunited.org server for folks to insert their open source projects
into (a la Sourceforge-like)?  Or should we just leave it CVS?  Or both
maybe?  Would like some comments for consideration on this.  :)

And don't forget newsletter articles for this coming week!  ;)

Deej