[openbeos] Booting the Kernel

  • From: Mark A Johnson <hotplasma@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:51:41 -0400

I know the Kernel doesnt have much to offer yet. But I think I just found
a bug. Well this part is a given I cannot boot the kernel in raw x86 or
in BeBochs. But I noticed something, when booting after a hard reboot.
Once it says "Jumping into ...." it stops. But then I notice my keyboard
lights change. The default num-lock which is almost always on turned off
and switched to scroll lock. And then I have to reboot because nothing
else happens. And as of for my second question, I know you are going to
say something about how if I had a Null cable/modem that I would see alot
of KDL. Well is their a way to coax a null modem when booting in BeBochs.
I have tried many things but no success. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.