[openbeos] Re: Booting Haiku (was Haiku hdimage)

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:55:11 +0200

Our fearless leader reported that:
> For WalterCon I used my little VIA M-10000 motherboard to demo
> the state of the code. I had a 6 gig 5200 rpm IDE hard drive.
>
> Overall boot time was in the neighborhood of 15 seconds. I was
> able to run a number of the apps both from our source tree and
> from BeOS Max. It is *not* stable at all; many apps cause it
> to crash. The machine just sitting with the about box running
> ran for 1 hour 54 minutes, then crashed.

Ironicly, I was just wondering how I could fix this annoying
uptime string truncation when it's too long ("d day(s), h hour(s),
m minute(s), (s) second(s)" and also if we should add the
mandatory (per R1 => R5 mantra) "y year(s)" support...

Thanks, now I know we don't have to

 ;-)

Just kidding, obvioulsy.

- Philippe