[haiku] Re: Booting Haiku on legacy hardware

  • From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:44:57 +0200

Am 11.04.2011, 23:40 Uhr, schrieb Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Charlie!
Here's where the good stuff is:
http://www.haiku-files.org/ (Nightly Images)
Some things have changed since Alpha1. For example there's a script
included called 'installoptionalpackage' which lets you install the
most common software like WebPositive and Bezilla. And the 'anyboot'
images work for both CDs and USB sticks. (very well, in my experience)

Hiya Jonas,

yeah, I finally found the nightlies - might be an idea to link to them from the "Get Haiku" page, but them who am I to give tips about websites! ;-)

Still get the same error. It looks there is something on ATAPI chain which is not responding. I'll get the screwdriver out tomorrow and have "words" with the machine.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20