[haiku] Re: Booting Haiku Nightly Image fails on Acer Aspire Timeline 1810 TZ

  • From: "beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:56:27 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 16. Februar 2010 um 23:45
geschrieben:

> > table. An alternative is to create a partition table and then dd the raw
> > image to a partition. But then, you have to run the makebootable tool to
> > make the drive actually bootable.
>
> Indeed, I run into many BIOS that seem to fall into this category more
> and more these days.

so what would be the way to go for me to get a bootable stick incl. partition
table? Is there a guide somewhere I can follow?

> > > As for usb-cd drives, I'm not sure thatès supported yet...
>
> This does work, although it may be device-dependent. I can boot my
> Acer Aspire One from a Haiku CD using an external USB Memorex DVD-RW
> drive just fine :)
>
> - Urias

What is the reason for booting via USB-CD not working on my system then? At
least it gets to the Haiku boot screen, so the problem seems to be different
from the partition table issue.

Greetings,
Finn