[openbeos] Re: Bootable Test CD

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:13:10 +0000

On 26/03/2008, David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My 2 cents worth.
>
>  Label it as a hardware test CD NOT a haiku beta/gamma/alpha live CD or
> whatever.
>
>  The best anyone is going to get out of it is, "does haiku boot on my PC".
>
>  But what might be better is if the CD could be setup to provide
>  details about the PC it is booting on so developers can get an idea of
>  what hardware is working/not working.
>
>  --
>  Cheers
>
> David

+1

This is the _only_ reason I (as a user) would agree to release a CD.
Even though developers
already have so much to work on, if someone releases a "Hardware Test
CD" , where its only aim is to see on what hardware Haiku fails to
boot and then the user is willing to report as much as information as
possible about his machine and his problem, it wouldn't hurt so much
IMO. As long as he state that it is NOT by any way an (pre)alpha Live
CD, but it is only a hardware test cd.

Otherwise I definitely agree with all the other developers about not
releasing a Live CD.

Regards,
--
Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)