[openbeos] Re: Boot time benchmark Vmware vs. Parallels

  • From: "Ben Allen" <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:25:41 -0600

On 12/13/06, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/13/06, Karl vom Dorff <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There seems to be quite a difference in performance, with Vmware booting
> nearly 3x as fast, and as I mentioned before, it generally feels much
> snappier than emulation in Parallels.

Would it be possible to add QEMU to that round-up? It seems MUCH, MUCH
slower in my testing, which is too bad since it is the main
open-source offering in virtual machines...

Of course it could just be the BeOS version which is so slow...

Ryan

I haven't done any timing measurements, but the Windows version of QEMU was
much slower than Vmware for me (I'd estimate that it was about as relatively
slow as Karl reported Parallels to be).  Of course, don't even get me
started on Bochs.....

-Ben