[openbeos] Re: Boot failure with Quad-core

  • From: "Larry Baydak" <lbaydak@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:14:54 -0500 EST

"Niklas Nisbeth" <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Zeta 1.2:  I  tried  booting with a  'Zeta 1.2 live CD'  (one of
> > those
> > demo disks).
> > It booted perfectly fine.  The few apps that I tried seemed to
> > work.
>
> Does it seem to recognise all four cores?

I cannot truly say.  It should work.  I just cannot test for it.

The default config on the 'live CD'  was for one CPU only. And thats
all that was reported in the 'About Zeta'.  Just one CPU running.

There is a 'kernel' config option for 'enable multiple CPU's'  or some
such.

But being a 'locked' demo CD - it did not see any way to effect a
change to
the setting.