[openbeos] Re: Binary compatibility with Linux, and Be OS

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:14:45 +0100 CET

"Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Travis pointed this out to me back in the very distant past...
> I (personally) think that it is poor that any OS would not abstract
> something like
> this into a function (isUserSpace, or something), but that aside, it
> shouldn't matter
> to any app in BeOS.

I guess it's a loader issue - i.e. that should be the reason we can't
run our current OpenBeOS software in R5. And that's a problem, because
if we change ld to produce OpenBeOS apps, they won't be able to run in
R5 anymore (much like BONE or Dano executables, but for different
reasons).

Adios...
   Axel.