[openbeos] Re: BeUnited, the standardization group: unacceptable!!!

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:35:15 CDT

[snip]
>I want OBOS.org to cover these standards.

That's what BU is, really.

Look, what you want to do is expand OBOS so that it becomes an all
expansive structure (sort of an OpenBeInc). But who would take care of
all these other, non-development tasks? Deej, Simon Gauvin, Jace? You'd
just up end recruiting the same people who are trying to get BeUnited
going right now.

Instead of expanding OBOS into a big structure, why not leave it as a
coding, engineering group and let it work with other groups. That's
what Michael Phipps wants to do, that's what I want to do, and many
others. Let's leave OBOS as a technical project and work with others
for the non-technical tasks. There's no reason we have to be
everything. Go back and read Michael's newsletter on this.