[haiku] Re: BeShare

  • From: TuneTracker Systems <signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:33:18 -0500

I like the idea of using BeShare as a sort of at-large casual "repository" for
all the files/programs that haven't made it into the official repo. I'd give
this +100, but I suppose that would be cheating. :-) I'd LOVE to see BeShare
resurge. Even if BeShare is primarily used for file sharing and IRC remains
the primary chat area, it would seem like a natural. Agreed also that we'd
need to find a way to avoid BeShare's infamous problems with firewalls. I
think I remember that AGMS might have been working on some of that a while back?