[haiku] Re: BePDF documentation

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:54:35 +0100

Thanks for everyone's opinion!
To put this thread back on track: My original question was only how to deal with existing documentation that's not in a readily editable format. Like BePDF, which uses a PDF generated from (abandoned) Gobe.
I didn't want to open the my-favorite-docu-system can of worms. :)

OpenOffice was only brought up as a widely available alternative of a page-oriented editor for generating a PDF. In case we do want to keep a docu as PDF...

IMO, since our (end user) documentation is in XHTML, we should convert existing
docs to it.

There's one more thing concerning BePDF I'm not sure about:
Since BePDF is an "external" package, can we just take its docu and rework it into our user guide? With the Haiku logo and CSS theme and everything? Or should I make a "neutral" XHTML, submit it to BePDFs CVS and only put a link to it in our user guide? BTW, who's generating the optional packages? We'll need a new version once the XHTML docs are in the CVS.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de