[openbeos] Re: BeOS/Zeta is (not) immune to attacks

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:12:16 +0100

Am 05.01.2007 um 23:37 schrieb Niklas Nisbeth:

I think I disagree. Security should make sure that I don't lose data, full stop.

2007 has got off to a good start: been laughing about this last two days! Keep them coming! ;-)

If you're worried about "rm", write a link to use "mv" instead (as suggested by many shell tip sites) but that still won't stop anything else reading the file filling it with junk which remains a security issue. You might want to think of security in terms of "who" and it's probably worth remembering that, in a world full of stupid users, you don't have much security - my Christmas present was discovering a completely unsecured Netgear WLAN near my brother's house with the router still running with default user and password!

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20