[openbeos] Re: BeOS/Zeta is (not) immune to attacks

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:20:23 -0200 BRST

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 23:37:39 +0100, Niklas Nisbeth said:

> >There will never be a method to stop *you* from erasing >*your* home
> >folder. That's not what security is about,
> >that's what backups are for.
>
> I think I disagree. Security should make sure that I don't lose data,
> full stop.

That's a novel concept. So I should not be allowed to erase my own
files? Next you will suggest a talking paperclip asking me to confirm
changes to any and every file I try to change/erase. :)

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The question which
divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being
correct.  My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.
                -- Niels Bohr