[openbeos] BeOS R5, OpenBeOS R1, & missing Demos

  • From: Timothy Covell <timothy.covell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:40:50 -0600

Just a quick question.  Several of the demos which were available
for BeOS up to R4.5 were not included in R5.   In particular, 3dmov
was missing.   I tried to run the version that came with R4.5 on R5.03,
but it

1. worked OK on some images
2. showed nothing with most movies
3. crashed when I dropped a QT movie.

I know that you all must think that I'm crazy, but I really think that the
demos would be a good indication of how good OpenBeOS is.  So,
if we want to have all of the good demos, some programmer would have
to recreate them at some point, especially the ones which do not work
with R5.

--
timothy.covell@xxxxxxxxxxxx