[openbeos] Re: BeOS Programming Tutorials

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:55:06 -0500

> Thanks, Mr. Gabriele!  I found a couple of "articles" as well,
> which got me started.  In addition, I've been pestering folks
> on the #beos channel.  :-)

BeShare is another place that is usually pretty good for finding dev
help.  :)

> I do believe, however, that OpenBeOS would be well served by
> one of the gurus writing up a good tutorial for BeOS programming
> ... it could serve as an introduction to folks that are thinking
> about BeOS development.

I am currently moving the NPC domain pointer (neo-programmers.com) to a
subdomain on BeUnited.  Guy wanted to help get this site back online
and moving again.  For those here that do not know, NPC was a site
created for programmers learning C++ and/or BeOS programming, was
started by Scot Hacker many years ago, and had been without update for
a VERY long time before I handed it over to someone else and it
subsequently disappeared (the server it was on no longer hosts it)... I
still have the domain name, and would like to see it active again, but
do not have the time right now.

What I'd like to ask is anyone here that wants to be a part of it
contact me off list and I will put you in touch with Guy.  It will need
web developers, obviously, and all the mustering of online resources
that people have in order to successfully re-launch with valuable
information.

Plus, budding programmers here that aren't actively involved in the
OBOS development could write these tutorials for others to learn.  :)

Deej
--
Donovan Schulteis
deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."'